Webseite Coproduction Office
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office's CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-two films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes. https://coproductionoffice.eu/about
6 Month Paid Internship (with the prospect of employment)
German- and/or French-speaking
Paid Internship: Yes, 850€ (Berlin) or 1000€ (Paris)
Duration: 6 months, full time
Location: Paris or Berlin. The internship can also be split between Paris and Berlin
Start date: According to availability
Coproduction Office is looking for a future colleague starting as an intern, with the potential of developing into a full-time position as a project coordinator and/or junior producer, to complete our team of ten people. You are globally minded, have organizational skills, are result-oriented and have an interest in art-house cinema. You will work in a dynamic and international environment assisting our producer Marina Perales (Paris), our CFO Riccardo Molteni (Paris) and our founder Philippe Bober (Berlin and Paris). You will be performing financial and coordination tasks related to our films, our company and our development projects. You will get an insight into the film financing of the four countries where the company is active, France, Germany, UK and Denmark. This experience will provide you with good foundational knowledge of the management of a film company and the process of financing and producing art-house cinema in Europe.
JOB OUTLINE: PRODUCTION and FINANCE
You will assist our producers and our CFO over the entire creation process of a film (from the earliest development stage, to financing, production, post-production, festival premiere and the distribution via our sales branch) on our current projects and productions by Ruben Östlund, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Susanne Heinrich and Michelangelo Frammartino.
THE ROLE INCLUDES:
- Research and data gathering for prospective finance, casting, coproducers…
- Coordinating funding applications and following up with funds, financers, projects, banks and clients
- Monitoring and overview of film cashflow and budgets together with our CFO and our executive producers, and preparing cost reports
- Participating in test screenings of our upcoming films, and contributing to the initial marketing plans
- A native or fully fluent French or German-speaker with an excellent command of both languages
- Capable of interacting with professionals across different sectors: film industry, public sector, finance and accounting
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry
- Precise, accountable and motivated, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Flexible, problem solver with a proactive skill set
- Proficient with Excel, able to manage budgets, you have a “head for numbers” and have an interest in finance/accounting (any legal training is a plus)
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- Gain an insight of different aspects of the company (management, production and sales)
- Work in an international and multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
- Obtain valuable experience from working with producers as well as with our founder Philippe Bober on the production of unique films
- Experience up close how some of Europe’s most exciting and accomplished directors approach their work
- Have the opportunity to grow within the company, with the possibility of employment at the end of the internship (the company’s managers started as interns).
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at email@example.com
Please also indicate where you saw this post.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org