Webseite Coproduction Office
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films.
Business sector: Film industry
Field of Expertise: Production, Administration, Finance
Paid Internship: 1200€ brutto / month
Benefits: Dynamic and international working environment, career progression
Duration: 6 months full time (if enrolled in university) – 3 months if not
Start date: from September 2023
Coproduction Office is looking forward to welcoming a
German-speaking Production Intern / Production Assistant
who is globally minded, result-oriented, organised, and has an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of fiften people working in our offices in Paris and Berlin in a dynamic and international environment.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office’s CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced forty films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 and 2022 for THE SQUARE and TRIANGLE OF SADNESS by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office’s international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
The number of staff has tripled in the past four years and Coproduction Office continues to grow as it diversifies its activities (which include a cinema and gastronomy project in Berlin and increasing its restoration of classics). At the forefront of arthouse cinema in Europe, Coproduction Office is an international, dynamic, and motivating workplace which offers its employees support, responsibility, and career progression. At Coproduction Office you will have the opportunity to work closely with films by some of Europe’s most exciting and accomplished directors. Coproduction Office is now combining its know-how in these fields into a unique project: a premium cultural space that includes a three-screen arthouse cinema, an art gallery and a multifunctional exhibition venue, ambitious restaurants, and a wine bar. Located in Berlin’s city center in an iconic listed building, it is to open its doors to the public in 2025.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
You will assist our in-house producers and our founder Philippe Bober with tasks related to production, financing, planning, reporting and cost accounting that may include:
● Researching funds, investors, and credit lines
● Conducting specific research related to individual film projects
● Assisting with film budgets
● Assisting with cost reports for producers and financing partners
● Assisting with the legal aspects of international co-productions
● Preparing applications for the funding of films (German and European film and cinema funds)
● Assisting the in-house producers in preparing and following up on shootings and post-production
● Copywriting texts in German (for instance for press books or for funding applications), and occasionally translating into German
● Participating in, and occasionally helping with, the organization of test screenings of films in post-production
● Updating monitoring tools
● Interacting with all the departments of Coproduction Office and facilitating administrative processes
● Participating in the bookkeeping for projects and being a point of contact for the accounting team
● Participating in the budgeting and reporting tasks related to film production
● Scheduling (and occasionally attending) meetings with international partners
● Preparing and following up on meetings: logistics, recordings, transcripts, to do lists, coordinating and implementing follow ups.
● A native German speaker, who feels comfortable writing texts and has an excellent command of English (written and spoken). A knowledge of French or Italian is a plus.
● Proficient with Excel (budgets, cash-flows, etc.)
● Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry (a plus) and an interest in financial topics
● A perfectionist, who pays attention to detail and meets deadlines
● Passionate for cinema
● Professional, no matter the circumstances
● Both analytical and synthetical
● Flexible with a proactive skill set
● Eloquent and have good social skills, are capable of interacting with professionals in different sectors: the film industry, the public sector, artists etc.
● Proficient in writing memorandums
● Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
● A To Do Lists lover
● Gain insight into different aspects of the company, including film production, finance and sales
● Obtain valuable experience from working on unique films with our in-house producers as well as with our founder Philippe Bober
● Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
This experience will provide you with good basic knowledge of the management of a company in the film sector. You will be able to follow-up on funds, financers, projects, and clients, with an in-depth knowledge of how the sector and company work, including an oversight of all aspects of the company (management, production, and sales). If the collaboration is successful, we would love to make you a permanent member of the team as Production Assistant to one of our in-house producers with the possibility of growing responsibility within the production team further down the line.
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org. (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered.)
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com